Spousal Support Lawyers in Irvine
Zealously Advocating for Your Rights
Divorce is one of the most stressful and emotionally challenging experiences you can encounter in your life. For many marriages, one spouse might have been responsible for providing financial security for the family. As a result, divorce can mean a drastic disruption of a spouse’s economic future. Therefore, issues regarding alimony—also known as “spousal support”—are crucial to securing a spouse’s ability to maintain a lifestyle and standard
The emotional toll associated with an unraveling marriage is stressful enough without having to deal with the financial and legal hardships of a divorce. Fortunately, you do not have to go through your divorce without a professional advisor and advocate to help you endure the ordeal.
At Moshtael Family Law, our dedicated team of alimony lawyers in Irvine can help you navigate the complex issues associated with your divorce to help secure a spousal support arrangement that will adequately address your lifestyle needs.
California Law on Spousal Support
Under California Family Code § 4320, courts must evaluate the following factors when deciding issues involving alimony:
- Each spouse’s earning capacity and the extent to which they can maintain the marital standard of living
- The supported spouse’s contributions to the supporting spouse’s education, training, and career position
- The supporting spouse’s ability to pay for the needs of their spouse
- Each spouse’s needs in light of the established marital standard of living
- How long the parties were married
- The supported spouse’s ability to secure gainful employment
- The age and health of the parties
- Any history of domestic violence
- The tax implications of alimony on each spouse
- The “balance of hardships” to each spouse
- The supported spouse’s goals for achieving financial independence
- Criminal convictions of an abusive spouse
- Other factors that are just and equitable
Consult an Experienced Attorney in Irvine
Legal issues regarding spousal support can range from relatively simple to remarkably complex depending on the circumstances of your case. Thankfully, our legal team at Moshtael Family Law has the experience and skill to handle virtually any issue regarding alimony and spousal support in a divorce case. Importantly, you can benefit from the services of our in-house Certified Public Accountant to help you obtain a just and reasonable alimony award.Call Moshtael Family Law at (714) 909-2561 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with a member of our legal team to explore your legal rights and options today.
Amazing lawyer to help you in your journey for family law matters.- Carmen E.
He is truly OUTSTANDING and am so happy to have him on my case!!!- Emily K.
I thank them from the bottom of my heart, and I look forward to working with them in the future!- Emilie B.
They actually listened to me and valued my opinion.- Juli F.
He is an energetic and aggressive attorney and is willing to fight for your rights until the last min.- Kate Y.