Orange County Military Divorce Attorneys
Finding Effective Legal Resolutions for Military Families
Life in the U.S. Armed Forces has its perks and disadvantages. Although military servicemembers and their families often enjoy a decent level of financial security, military duties can be very demanding on family relationships.
Military families must endure frequent relocations as servicemembers are constantly assigned and re-assigned to various military bases around the world. Furthermore, some military families live under the specter of deployment, where the military servicemember is sent to an active combat zone for sometimes months at a time.
Unfortunately, the sacrifices that the military demands on families sometimes lead to divorce. However, military duties can be just as disruptive for divorce proceedings. When it comes to military divorces, you should seek legal representation from an experienced military divorce lawyer in Orange County. At Moshtael Family Law, we dedicate our practice to resolving various family law issues for Orange County residents and their families, including cases of military divorce.
To discuss your case with one of our skilled attorneys, call us at (714) 909-2561 today.
Family Law Issues Affecting Military Servicemembers
Divorce proceedings often encompass several family law issues, including the provision of financial support for minor children and former spouses, as well as matters involving child custody and visitation rights.
The dynamic nature of military service can substantially interfere with the progress of a family law case. In recognition of the unique challenges presented by military divorces, federal and state laws have been enacted to clarify the rights and responsibilities of the parties and grant special legal protections for military servicemembers.
Military divorces often involve the following issues:
- Child Custody for Military Families: When a couple with minor children gets a divorce, one of the most important questions concerns their privileges and duties concerning the care, custody, and control of minor children. However, a parent’s ability to provide their child with adequate care and attention often hinges on the stability of their living situation. We can advise you about the legal ramifications that military life has on child custody arrangements, and coach you on a reasonable legal course of action that promotes your child’s best interests.
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act: One of the federal laws concerning legal proceedings involving military servicemembers is known as the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), found under Title 50 of the United States Code. Lawsuits against military servicemembers must comply with the SCRA. Furthermore, the protections of the SCRA can make military divorce cases a lengthy endeavor, depending on the nature of the servicemember’s military duties.
- Military Pensions & Benefits: In any divorce, one of the most contentious issues involves the division of the couple’s property. Property division matters in divorce cases are usually governed by state laws, but there are federal law considerations in cases of military divorce. We can help military families in California find a just resolution to their property division disputes under the rules of community property.
Contact Moshtael Family Law for Quality Legal Counsel
If you need legal representation regarding a family dispute involving a member of our country’s armed forms, look no further than Moshtael Family Law. Our legal team will work diligently to protect your rights, whether you or your spouse is a member of the U.S. Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, or National Guard.
Families rely on the legal team at Moshtael Family Law for the following reasons:
- Personalized legal services
- Transparent & client-friendly billing services
- Responsive communication
- An in-house Certified Public Accountant for financial issues
- More than a century’s worth of combined legal experience
Our practice has given us valuable experience working at the intersection of California family law and federal regulations governing the rights and interests of our country’s brave military servicemembers. You can count on us to guide you through the sophisticated aspects of the litigation, giving our full attention to your needs and the unique circumstances of your case.
Contact Moshtael Family Law at (714) 909-2561 today to schedule an appointment with one of our dedicated military divorce attorneys in Orange County. We're proud to offer military discounts.
Amazing lawyer to help you in your journey for family law matters.- Carmen E.
He is truly OUTSTANDING and am so happy to have him on my case!!!- Emily K.
I thank them from the bottom of my heart, and I look forward to working with them in the future!- Emilie B.
They actually listened to me and valued my opinion.- Juli F.
He is an energetic and aggressive attorney and is willing to fight for your rights until the last min.- Kate Y.